An introduction to aromatherapy

Hello everyone!

I've been using essential oils for a very long time, ever since I fell in love with aromatherapy about 20 years ago.  I always have oil burners, scented candle and reed diffusers around the house and I also use essential oils regularly in my skincare routine. 

For those of you who might not know; aromatherapy is the practice of using essential plant oils for healing body, mind and spirit.




Aromatherapy can be performed in several ways, namely:
  • Diffusing a combination of essential oils into the air (or just one single oil)
  • Inhaling oils through the nostrils directly off of a cloth or from the bottle
  • Receiving massage therapy utilizing oils
  • Soaking in an oil-infused bath
  • Rubbing oils directly onto the skin (diluted with a carrier oil, such as almond, jojoba or coconut oil)

Each essential oil delivers different benefits, some of which include: calming, awakening, energizing, easing pain and more. Aromatherapy can be used to treat a specific condition, like indigestion, insomnia, acne, aches, and anxiety, or as a way to enhance mood or set the ambience in a room.
If you are ready to take a more holistic route to feeling your best, aromatherapy has many benefits. 

I hope you enjoyed this post.  I plan on posting more about aromatherapy in the near future.  Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Related posts:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: Natural deodorant (spray)

Outfit inspiration (Halloween edition) - Where's Wally? (Waldo)

Five common adult skin care issues