DIY: Skin lightening serum

Hello everyone!
As many of you may already know, I struggled with acne for years.  I have spent a lot of time looking for ways to clear up my acne.  What eventually helped me clear my skin was a clean, vegan diet and using natural, homemade skincare products.  However, I'm still dealing with acne scars on my face.  
Before I became vegan, I used honey and yogurt (like my DIY: Greek yoghurt, oatmeal and honey facial mask and my DIY: Micro-dermabrasion pasteto help fade acne scars and both ingredients work really well, but now I'm only using plant-based ingredients.  
Today I want to share the all-natural, vegan facial serum I'm currently using.  If you have any form of hyperpigmentation on your skin, you are going to love this DIY!
Ingredients:
  • 1 tbs sweet almond oil 
  • 2 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 4 drops of sandalwood essential oil 

Sweet almond oil is a wonderful carrier oil and it�s been used for ages to lighten and brighten skin.

Lemon essential oil is well-known for its skin-brightening effects.  Lemon juice is also very effective.  

Sandalwood essential oil is a skin lightening, skin brightening oil.  It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.  It is also high in antioxidants that can help reduce damage caused by free radicals, which promote ageing.

Method:
  1. Combine ingredients in a glass bottle (preferably with a dropper).
  2. Gently turn the bottle to allow the oils to mix well.
  3. Use 3-4 drops on damp, clean skin before bedtime.
  4. Optional - Moisturise as usual. 
  5. Use every day for best results.

Notes:
  • Lemon essential oil  increases photosensitivity - you need to protect your skin from the sun while using this serum!
  • This serum will not get rid of indentations or protrusions left behind by acne.  It will only fade the flat red or brown dots left behind by pimples aka post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.


Have a great day!


Similar post:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: Natural deodorant (spray)

Outfit inspiration (Halloween edition) - Where's Wally? (Waldo)

Five common adult skin care issues